Dragon Valley is the first stage for Sash Lilac and Carol Tea in Freedom Planet. It will also be the first overall stage in Freedom Planet 2 and is the first and only level of its sample version. It is a rocky valley possibly located in Shang Mu and is based on the American deserts, but once you go deeper into the valley, forests cover most of the land.
For more information about the events leading into this Stage, see "Dragon Valley/Transcript".
Area 1 Edit
The level starts in a relatively dry scrubland area, and is fairly straightforward. The lower sections are greener, and while there are a number of enemies, they are easily dodged and/or dispatched with single hits. At the end of the area, there is a purple barrier guarded by Spider Beamer. Defeating this enemy requires a number of hits, but is again easily dispatched.
Area 2 Edit
Deeper into the valley, and the amount of vegetation increases. This area is a little more complex, but only just. About halfway through this area is the mid-boss battle against the Snake Mount for the first time. After defeating the Snake Mount, it will retreat by breaking through a wall, opening a path to the 2nd half of this stage.
Area 3 Edit
Now you're at the bottom of the valley. The vegetation is rich and luscious, and there are a couple of swimming sections and a few waterfalls. The Snake Mount will pop its head out in those waterfalls to shoot small fireballs, but these are easily avoided. Near the end of this area, there are dancing trees with spikes on the side.
Area 4 Edit
For most of this area, there's a big boulder giving chase, Indiana Jones style! You won't have time to admire the scenery, unless you want to be flattened by 5 tons of solid rock. Not that it matters anyway, since the boulder destroys most of it on the way. The good thing is it also deals with all the enemies too. At the end of this area is the major boss battle against the Snake Mount again.
See also: Main Enemy List
Freedom Planet Edit
- Ganseki Jr.
- Spore Pod
- Star Flounder
Freedom Planet 2 Edit
- Spy Turretus
- Line Cutter
- Drake Fly
- Lilac the Switch Skipper: Skip the switch door in Dragon Valley as Lilac.
- Rolling Stones: Get a boulder to wrap around the screen.
- Card Collector (Dragon Valley): Collect all 10 cards in Dragon Valley.
- Dragon Valley Speedrunner: Clear Dragon Valley in 5 Minutes.
- Back when Freedom Planet was a Sonic the Hedgehog fan game and was in it's beta version, the soundtrack of Dragon Valley was different. The music that was used originates from Dragon Seeds, a game for the Sony Playstation. The titles of the music used is Battle on the Holy Plane (Act 1) and Dragon Fire (Act 2). You can watch a video of the original Dragon Valley here.
- At the end of the 3rd area of this stage, there are dancing trees. These trees are similar to the dancing trees seen in Super Mario Bros. 3.