|Error: Data file unfinished|
This section of the article contains information about a game still in development.
It's open for changes in the future. Be warned!
Freedom Planet 2 is an upcoming combat-based 2D platform video game created by GalaxyTrail. The sequel takes place two years after the events of the previous game, Freedom Planet.
A demo of the game called "Sample Version" has been released on January 31st 2017 and can be downloaded for free. The game was submitted to Steam Greenlight on Febuary 10th, 2017 and has been greenlit on Febuary 14th, 2017, currently aiming for a 2018 release.
Join the Heroes of Avalice as they face their greatest challenge yet.
An ancient terror has emerged from the depths of the ocean. Merga, a Water Dragon from Avalice's oldest and deadliest war, has been freed from her crystal prison as a consequence of the Kingdom Stone's destruction. Through her act of vengeance, she holds a dark and terrible truth about Avalice's leaders that will change the history of the three kingdoms forever.
The sequel's gameplay remains mostly like its predecessor, but with some major changes, as well as some new features, all shown as the following:
You can tap a dedicated Guard button to avoid a bit of damage from incoming enemy attacks. The shield will not fully reflect damage from larger or powerful attacks; however, it will soften the damage if properly timed. Milla is able to spawn her Phantom Blocks by using this ability.
When you've been defeated, you can use one of your stocks to Revive yourself. This grants you a few of seconds of invincibility and some petals back (might depend on which power-ups you have equipped). You cannot revive yourself if your body has been disintegrated.
Guardian Orbs Edit
Instead of releasing a shield that surrounds and protects the character, the Keystone Monitors will release Guardian Orbs. They are small orbs in all five Elements and will follow the Player Character around. So far, these orbs have the same abilities as the shields from the first game, except the fire orb is now water-resistant, unlike before. The elements of a Guardian Orb will also be displayed on the player's health meter, taking up two petals. Also, if playing as Milla, the orbs will carry her Phantom Blocks whenever she spawns one.
Certain power-ups can change the elements of all Keystone Monitors in a stage. For example, the Water Charm will change all of the Monitors into water orbs.
Guardian Orbs of the same element are able to stack up on the player's health meter, able to absorb up to 6 - 7 hits if the player finds enough of them. If the player has an orb with of one element and gets another orb of a different element, it will still stack, but the element of the orb will change. However, the player isn't granted any invincibility when their orb is damaged.
The Guardian Orbs also have animal-like attributes, shown as the following:
- Water Orb (Blue): Fish fins and tail.
- Wood Orb (Green): Butterfly wings.
- Fire Orb (Red): Phoenix wings and tail.
- Earth Orb (Yellow): Insect wings.
- Metal Orb (Gray): Eagle wings.
Speed Gates Edit
Speed Gates are rainbow rings that are identical to the Time Gates that appeared in Pangu Lagoon. When the player passes through one of these rings, a bonus timer will appear, and the player will be able to earn Crystal Shards by leaving behind a trail of tao marks. Once the timer runs out, the tao marks will transform into shards. The longer the tao trail is, the more shards the player will earn.
Star Cards are now dropped by the end boss and must be collected to complete the stage, but they also remain as collectibles, which can be viewed in the inventory. Trading them in the Battlesphere will unlock arena challenges. They can also be found in stages without bosses to unlock different kind of challenges.
Hub Worlds EditHub Worlds, which didn't make it into the game's predecessor due to time constraints, will be a part of the game's Adventure Mode. The four cities (Shang Tu, Shang Mu, Shuigang and Parusa) will all have their own hubs filled with NPCs (Non-Playable Characters). Freedom Planet 2 will also have a world map, allowing the player to move between the hub worlds.
The Cutscenes in Adventure Mode will now mostly be done in a visual novel-like style with still images instead. Only certain scenes in the game will include moments with the character sprite moving.
Stages EditFreedom Planet 2 will have a total of 21 stages. Unlike its predecessor, the stages are now a single big area instead of being separated in two. Every stage will end in a boss encounter.
- Dragon Valley (1st stage)
- Shenlin Park (2nd stage)
- Avian Museum (3rd stage)
- Sigwada (4th stage)
- Phoenix Highway (5th stage)
- Zao Land (6th stage)
- Battlesphere (7th stage)
- Tiger Falls (8th stage)
- ? (9th stage)
- Robot Graveyard (10th stage)
- ? (11th stage)
- Globe Opera (12th stage)
- ? (13th stage)
- ? (14th stage)
- Heaven's Bridge (15th stage)
- ? (16th stage)
- Lightning Tower (17th stage)
- ? (18th stage)
- Bakunawa (final 3 stage set)
Extra Stages Edit
- "JC" & Zodiac River (remained as ideas for stages but were removed early from the game).
Power-Ups can be crafted with gold gems, which can be found in the stages, or with regular shards. Depending on usage, these will increase or decrease the difficulty of certain sections of the game.
There are four types of power-ups:
- Potions: These give the player character a passive buff for the duration of the stage.
- Amulets: These alter the stage; time records are in seperate categories when used.
- Brave Stones: These give the player character a negative effect and make the stage harder, but multiply the shards collected on stage completion.
- Fusion Stones: Will be created if two items with contradicting effects are equipped. They have very negative effects, but a big shard bonus.
|Alchemical Burst||Increases your crystal bonus by 10%. It has a random side effect that can be good, bad, or nothing.||?||None|
|Extra Stock||You begin the stage with one extra stock.||?||None|
|Cheaper Stocks||Reduces the number of crystals you need for a stock by 50.||(for free in the Sample Version), ?||None|
|Regeneration||Your life meter slowly recovers as long as you have life petals.||?||None|
|Strong Revivals||You recover 4 life petals when reviving.||(for free in the Sample Version), ?||None|
|Auto Guarding||You automatically guard against attacks if possible.||(for free in the Sample Version),
|Max Life Up||Increases your maximum number of life petals by one.||(for free in the Sample Version), ?||None|
|Minus Stock||Reduces your number of stocks by one.||?||None|
|Pricy Stocks||You need an extra 50 crystals for each stock.||?||None|
|Max Life Down||Reduces your maximum number of life petals by one.||?||None|
|Crystals To Petals||Transforms all crystal flowers in the stage into life flowers.||?||None|
|Motorcycle Start||Carol begins the stage with her motorcycle.||?||None|
|Wood Charm||Transforms all shield crystals in the stage into Wood.||?||None|
|Earth Charm||Transforms all shield crystals in the stage into Earth.||(for free in the Sample Version), ?||None|
|Water Charm||Transforms all shield crystals in the stage into Water.||(for free in the Sample Version), ?||None|
|Fire Charm||Transforms all shield crystals in the stage into Fire.||?||None|
|Metal Charm||Transforms all shield crystals in the stage into Metal.||?||None|
|Boss Life Drain||Reviving during a boss battle will cause damage to the boss.||?||None|
|Cordelia's Blessing||If you are defeated without any stocks left, you have a 20% chance of being revived anyway.||?||None|
|No Stocks||You begin the stage with no stocks.||(for free in the Sample Version), ?||25%|
|Expensive Stocks||Increases the number of crystals you need for a stock by 100.||?||20%|
|Double Damage||You take double damage from attacks.||(for free in the Sample Version), ?||25%|
|No Revivals||You cannot revive after being knocked down.||?||25%|
|No Guarding||Guarding does not protect you from harm.||?||20%|
|No Petals||All life petals are transformed into crystals, making it much harder to heal damage.||(for free in the Sample Version), ?||50%|
|Time Limit||A countdown timer appears. If it runs out, you receive no crystal bonus.||(for free in the Sample Version), ?||25%|
|Gem Booster||Increases your crystal bonus by 10%.||(for free in the Sample Version), ?||10%|
|One Hit KO||You always have an empty life meter.||Full Revivals + No Revivals||100%|
|Enemy Armor||All enemies have twice as much vitality.||?||50%|
|Items To Bombs||All item containers are transformed into bombs.||?||50%|
- Sash Lilac (Main Protagonist, playable)
- Carol Tea (Main Protagonist, playable)
- Milla Basset (Main Protagonist, playable)
- Neera Li (Main Protagonist, playable)
- General Gong
- Royal Magister
- King Dail
- Mayor Zao
- Bird Officer
New Characters Edit
- Merga (Main Antagonist)
- Sergeant Askal
- Captain Kalaw
- Corazon Tea
- Battlesphere Announcer
- Maria Notte
Voice Actors Edit
- Dawn M. Bennett as Sash Lilac
- Amanda Lott as Carol Tea
- Aimee Smith as Milla Basset
- Ashlyn Selich as Neera Li
- Jason Lord as General Gong / Serpentine
- Christopher Sabat as Sergeant Askal
- Edwyn Tiong as the Royal Magister
- Sean Chiplock as King Dail / Spade
- Alejandro Saab as Mayor Zao
- Josh Grelle as Captain Kalaw
- Lindsay Jones as Corazon Tea
- Morgan Berry as Merga
- Sarah Ann Williams as Aaa
- Victoria Vitti as Cordelia / Pangu /Syntax
- Stephen DiDuro as the Bird Officer
- Christopher Guerrero as the Battlesphere Announcer
- Marissa Lenti as Maria Notte
- ↑ The Sample Version on the Freedom Planet 2 website.
- ↑ Freedom Planet 2 on Steam Greenlight
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 We have been Greenlit!
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Freedom Planet 2 - About
- ↑ 5.00 5.01 5.02 5.03 5.04 5.05 5.06 5.07 5.08 5.09 5.10 5.11 5.12 5.13 5.14 5.15 5.16 5.17 5.18 5.19 Information acquired by hacking the Freedom Planet 2 Sample Version
- ↑ Freedom Planet 2 In-Depth Interview w/ Creator & Voice Cast!
- ↑ 7.00 7.01 7.02 7.03 7.04 7.05 7.06 7.07 7.08 7.09 7.10 7.11 7.12 7.13 7.14 7.15 The Characters section on the Freedom Planet 2 website.
- ↑ About Maria Notte on the GalaxyTrail twitter.