|What? This...This can't be possible!|
|Lilac, encountering the Holodragon for the first time|
The arena is very large with Time Gates in the air that are reachable with Dragon Cyclones. The Holodragon has three attacks: Dragon Beam, Dragon Bite and Fire Storm, all of which are executed in the order shown. After using an attack, the Holodragon will fly from one side of the area to the other, and use another attack, and so on.
To defeat the Holodragon, the cluster of Red Orbs all over it's back must be attacked. Each of them are destroyed in two Dragon Cyclones hits or a single Hair Whip. The Orbs are most vulnerable when the Holodragon is flying across the room. After losing enough Orbs, it's eye will start flashing yellow, indicating that it's vulnerable to attack. The numbers of Red Orbs the Player must destroy depends on the Stage Difficulty. After damaging the eye, the Holodragon will be disabled.
It is recommended not to use the Dragon Boost to attack the Red Orbs, because it may leave Lilac vulnerable to the Dragon Beam of Fire Storm attacks. The Orbs can be destroyed easily with Dragon Star-Carged Hair Whips, which can destroy at least 3 Orbs per Whip. Use the Dragon Boost upwards to dodge it's Dragon Beam and to avoid it's Fire Storm attack.
- Dragon Beam: The Holodragon charges up and fires a powerful beam that inflicts Stunlock. This is avoidable by Dragon Boosting upwards once, or twice If you have a Dragon Star obtained from a Time Gate.
- Dragon Bite: A basic attack that bites the area where Lilac was last standing when it strikes. This attack is the easiest to dodge.
- Fire Storm: Fire will spawn from the ceiling, homing in on Lilac's position. If not having enough speed in running to avoid the fire, use a Dragon Boost to gain speed and dodge the fire.
In Lilac's Adventure and Classic Modes, the Holodragon is a playable character in the Schmup Stage, with Lilac riding on it's head. Unlike the Boss Fight in Pangu Lagoon, the Holodragon can't take damage in this Stage, with Lilac vulnerable to attack.
- Fire Storm: The Holodragon quickly shoots out a scattershot of fireballs that spread out in three directions. This attack can destroy small gunfire.
- Dragon Beam: Using energy, the Holodragon fires off a huge beam in one direction that destroys anything it touches (except Syntax). It can be used all the time, even when the gauge has no energy, except the laser will be small, inflicting low damage. Energy recharges quicker when riding the Holodragon.
- Boost: The Holodragon will quickly rush left or right.