|What? This...This can't be possible!|
|Lilac, encountering the Holodragon for the first time|
The Holodragon is the ancient Water Dragon form of Pangu, the (only) boss of Pangu Lagoon & the ninth overall boss in Freedom Planet, & one of the playable characters in the Schmup Stage, before Battle Glacier.
The arena is very large with Time Gates in the air that are reachable with Dragon Cyclones. The Holodragon has three attacks: A laser, a bite, and a fireball attack. All of which are executed in the order shown. After using an attack, the Holodragon will fly from one side of the area to the other, and use another attack, and so on.
To defeat the Holodragon, the cluster of Red Orbs all over it's back must be attacked. Each of them are destroyed in two Dragon Cyclones hits or a single Hair Whip. The Orbs are most vulnerable when the Holodragon is flying across the room. After losing enough Orbs, it's eye will start flashing yellow, indicating that it's vulnerable to attack. The numbers of Red Orbs the player must destroy depends on the Stage Difficulty. After damaging the eye, the Holodragon will be disabled.
It is recommended not to use the Dragon Boost to attack the Red Orbs, because it may leave Lilac vulnerable to the Laser of Fire Storm attacks. The Orbs can be destroyed easily with Dragon Star-Carged Hair Whips, which can destroy 3 Orbs per Whip. Use the Dragon Boost upwards to dodge the Laser and keep running from the Holodragon's attacks.
Boss Attacks Edit
- Dragon Beam: The Holodragon charges up an intense laser that stunlocks. This is avoidable by Dragon Boosting upwards once, or twice If you have a Dragon Star obtained from a Time Gate.
- Bite: A basic attack that bites the area where Lilac was last standing when it strikes. This attack is the easiest to dodge.
- Fire Storm: Fire will spawn from the ceiling, homing in on Lilac's position. If not having enough speed in running to avoid the fire, use a Dragon Boost to gain speed and dodge the fire.
The Holodragon is a playable character in the Schmup Stage, but only if the player character is Lilac, who is riding on it's head. Unlike the boss fight, the Holodragon can't be damaged in this Stage, but Lilac still takes damage.
- Fire Storm: Quickly shoots out fireballs that spread out in three directions. This attack can destroy small gunfire.
- Dragon Beam: Uses energy, and fires off a huge beam in one direction that destroys anything it touches (except Syntax). It can be used all the time, even when the gauge has no energy causing the laser to be small. Energy recharges quicker when riding the hologram.
- Boost: The Holodragon will quickly rush left or right.