Power-Ups are new items featured in Freedom Planet 2. The Player Characters can equip Power-Ups for them to use in any stage. Some of them can buff up the Player Character, while others can inflict negative effects in a Stage, but provide a Crystal Shard Bonus. They can even be found inside Treasure Chests, which are hidden throughout each Stage.
There are a total of 30 Power-Ups, divided into 4 categories.
Potions can give the Player Character a passive buff for the duration of a Stage, making it easier to collect Crystal Shards and Extra Stocks. These Power-Ups are recommended for Beginner Players. There are a total of eleven Potions.
- Alchemical Burst: Increases Crystal Shard Bonus by 10%, but has a random effect when used.
- Extra Stocks: The Player Character begins a Stage with 1 Extra Stock.
- Cheaper Stocks: Reduces Crystal Shards needed for an Extra Stock by 50.
- Regeneration: The Character's Health Meter slowly recovers as long as there's a Health Petal.
- Strong Revivals: The Player Character recovers 4 Health Petals when being revived.
- Auto Guarding: The Player Character automatically Guards against certain attacks if possible.
- Max Life Up: Increases the Player Character's Health Petals count by 1.
- Max Life Down: Decreases the Player Character's Health Petal count by 1.
- Minus Stocks: Reduces the Player Character's Stock Count by 1.
- Pricey Stocks: Increase the number of Crystal Shards needed for and Extra Stock by 50.
- Crystals to Petals: Transforms all Crystal Shards into Health Petals.
Amulets can alter a Stage, putting Time Records into a separate category. These Power-Ups can also provide the Player Character with Keystone Monitors. There are a total of eight Amulets.
- Motorcycle Start: Carol begins a Stage with her Motorcycle.
- Water Charm: Transforms all Guardian Orbs into Water Orbs.
- Wood Charm: Transforms all Guardian Orbs into Wood Orbs.
- Fire Charm: Transforms all Guardian Orbs into Fire Orbs.
- Earth Charm: Transforms all Guardian Orbs into Earth Orbs.
- Metal Charm: Transforms all Guardian Orbs into Metal Orbs.
- Boss Life Drain: Reviving during a Boss Battle will cause damage to a Boss.
- Cordelia's Blessing: Gives a 20% chance of being revived if you're defeated with no Stocks.
Brave Stones Edit
Brave Stones inflict negative effects on the Player Characters in a Stage, but gives them a Crystal Shard Bonus. These Power-Ups are recommended for Experienced Players. There are a total of eight Brave Stones.
- No Stocks: The Player Character begins a Stage with no Stocks. (25% Bonus)
- Expensive Stocks: Increases Crystal Shards needed for an Extra Stock by 100. (20% Bonus)
- Double Damage: Take double the damage from enemy attacks. (25% Bonus)
- No Revivals: The Player Character cannot revive when knocked down. (25% Bonus)
- No Guarding: The Player Character cannot guard against enemy attacks (20% Bonus)
- No Petals: All Health Petals are transformed into Crystal Shards. (25% Bonus)
- Time Limit: A Timer appears. If time runs out, then no Crystal Shard Bonus. (50% Bonus)
- Gem Booster: Increases Crystal Shard Bonus at the end of a Stage. (10% Bonus)
Fusion Stones Edit
Fusion Stones are created by fusing 2 or more Power-Ups, inflicting very negative effects in a Stage, but gives a bigger Crystal Shard Bonus. These Power-Ups add a higher difficulty than Brave Stones. There are a total of three Fusion Stones.
- One Hit KO: The Player Character always has an empty Health Meter. (100% Bonus)
- Enemy Armor: All Enemies have double the Vitality. (50% Bonus)
- Items to Bombs: Transforms all item containers in a Stage into Bombs. (50% Bonus)