This article contains information about a game that is still in development, mainly Milla's new move set.
Because of that, it's always open for changes in the future!
I like being surprised!
Milla, when Lilac asked her what kind of movies she likes
As a child, Milla has a playful imagination, as she was friends with a tree stump (Mr. Stumpy) while she was living alone in the woods. She is somewhat shy when socializing with new people, but when she does makes new friends, she immediately makes a special bond with them and will always think of ways to help them out. Milla is kind-hearted and generous, always trying to be nice and cheerful. However, whenever she hasn't seen somebody apart of her life for really long time (her Parents for example), she begins to feel stressed and will do whatever it takes to see them again, no matter what. Being a peacemaker, Milla hates violence and anger, as shown when she started crying while watching Lilac and Carol argue with each other at Jade Creek, and again when she stopped Carol and Spade from continuing their fight at the Red Scarves Hideout.
Milla has the personality and instincts of an average canine, shown throughout the Game as the following:
- Barking, howling, whimpering and growling.
- Digging holes and (possibly) burying things.
- Wagging her tail when she's happy or excited.
- Running on all four limbs.
- Being a loyal companion to her friends.
- Having keen senses of hearing and smell.
- Having the instinct to protect those in need.
- Lying on her back in a belly rub position.
Lilac: Milla first saw Lilac chasing a Shang Mu Truck, and follows her with the intention of meeting a Dragon. Upon meeting her, Milla asked if she could touch her Ponytails. Lilac was a bit weirded out by her mannerisms, but she quickly accepted the young Hound as a friend, eventually becoming a Big-Sister figure to her. After her mutation, Milla apologized to Lilac, who immediately tried to comfort her when she started crying.
Carol: Milla saved Carol's life after she was trapped in a collapsing cave. Afterwards, the Wildcat pounced at Milla when she was hiding behind a bush, following her and Lilac, but quickly apoligized to her when she realized she was the one who saved her. Carol was grossed out when Lilac let Milla touch her Ponytails, and also seemed uncomfortable when Lilac invited Milla to stay with them at their treehouse. The following morning, Milla scared Carol out of bed with a playful puppy bark. Eventually, Carol became more comfortable around Milla, stating she would tell her about her past if she was a good Dog. Later, she apologized to Carol and Lilac for being mutated and attacking them earlier, breaking down in tears.
Mr. Stumpy: Mr. Stumpy may have been the closest thing Milla had to a best friend before meeting Lilac and Carol. Despite being alone in the woods, Milla always had Mr. Stumpy to play with and to keep her company. She always found it funny when Mr. Stumpy never says anything.
Milla's Parents: Milla's Parents were only mentioned a few times during the events of Freedom Planet, as they didn't make a physical appearance. Although she never knew her Parents because she was living alone in the woods for a really long time, Milla was determined to find them, as shown when she was making a "Super Feather Potion" with Mr. Stumpy. Later on Zao's Airship, Milla saw a shooting star made a wish to see her Parents again. Carol stated it sounded like a good thing to wish for, while Lilac, who overheared the wish, began to show concern for Milla missing her Parents, and later tries to cheer her up some time after the recent Sky Battle.
Milla's main attack is a Reflection Shield that she can aim in six directions (It can't be aimed straight up or down in Freedom Planet, but will be possible in Freedom Planet 2). The Shield reflects most enemy projectiles, and when released, fires a short-range energy burst for minor damage. She can also summon and throw Phantom Cubes that explode on contact. Likewise, she can pick up and throw certain items like crates, Crystal Flowers, Health Flowers, Treasure Chests and even Bombs.
If Milla summons a Phantom Cube and then attempts to use her Reflection Shield, the Cube will transform into a Super Shield. Releasing the shield launches a powerful wave of energy in front of her that inflicts recoil on her and deals heavy damage to foes. If used correctly, the recoil from this attack can give her a slight boost in speed and/or height.
Mobility-wise, Milla can briefly float upwards, allowing her to reach high ledges or cross wide gaps. She can also replenish her health by digging into dirt or grass. In certain spots, digging reveals hidden items or secret tunnels.
Milla's weaknesses are her small Health Meter, slow attacks, and difficulty picking up speed. All of her attacks except her Shield Burst requires time to charge up, and getting hit during this process can disrupt them. She only has four Health Petals (as opposed to the seven that the other characters have), making her susceptible to Stunlocking. She has an overall steeper learning curve compared to the other characters and will require patience to master properly.
Powers and Abilities Edit
Milla pocesses the power of Alchemy (the mideavil forerunner of Chemistry), which serves as the basis of her combat abilities. Along with said powers, she has also developed a strong interest in Chemestry, which she uses to brew special potions to aid her friends in their adventures. Following the events of Freedom Planet, Milla began to train in martial arts, so she can learn to fight hand-to-hand.
Move List Edit
- Phantom Cube: Milla's signature move, she can summon a green energy cube that she can carry and use to attack enemies.
- Reflection Shield: Milla can summon a Shield to deflect certain enemy projectiles.
- Shield Burst: Milla can convert her Reflection Shield into an energy burst, which she can use as a close-range attack.
- Super Shield Burst: Using a Phantom Cube, Milla can create a stronger energy burst, also using the recoil from this attack to boost her mobility.
- Cube Blaster: Using her Shield Burst, Milla can fire Mini-Cubes, which are crafted from normal Phantom Cubes, to increase her shot range, shooting up to 10 at a time.
- Spiral Attack: Milla can generate energy in the shape of a buzzsaw, using it as a close-range aerial attack or while running on the ground.
- Puppy Float: Milla can float in the air for brief period of time, enabling her to reach high places.
- Crane Combo: Now trained in martial arts, Milla uses Crane-Style Kung Fu to punch and kick her enemies at close-range.
Boss Fight Edit
In Final Dreadnought (Round 3), just before the Player (Lilac, Carol or Torque) is about to remove the Kingdom Stone from the Dreadnought's power core, Brevon appears with Milla in his grasp, holding his knife to her throat, forcing the Player to remove the hacking device for the sake of their friend's life. With the ship's power resorted and the Kingdom Stone moved to another location, Brevon destroys the device, drops Milla and leaves the room. As the Player tries to comfort the frightened Milla, her eyes start to glow red, and she transforms into a mutant monster, beginning the Boss Fight with the Player being forced to fight their mutated friend.
- Shield Burst: Milla walks to one side of the room and fires damaging shields from her tail, widening in and out as they travel across the room.
- Phantom Cube: Milla walks to one side of the room and fires three Phantom Cubes from her tail across the room at random angles.
- Super Shield Burst: Milla will run around the middle of the room, firing Super Shield Bursts from her tail, dealing damage under and above the Player.
- Puppy Float: Whenever she takes quarter damage, Milla will Puppy Float in the air and throw down Phantom Cubes. She will fire three rounds of at least four Phantom Cubes from her tail every time she floats in the air.
When taking quarter damage, Milla will drop a Healt Petal. When close to being defeated, one of Milla's eyes will break (just like with Serpentine when he was mutated).
Once she's defeated, Milla will turn back to normal, but falls into a death-like coma, resulting in Lilac and Carol becoming enraged and the two of them going after Brevon, and eventually defeating him. At the end of the game, Milla wakes up from her coma, apologizes to her friends and starts crying in guilt for attacking them, with Lilac comforting her while Carol starts to break down in tears.
In Milla's Story, this Boss Fight doesn't happen, instead Milla enters the Dreadnought's power core and finds Torque with an unconscious Carol. Torque explains to her that Brevon had ambushed them and Lilac went after him alone. Learning of this, Milla resolves to help Lilac and goes after her, promising Torque to keep an eye on her.
- Milla is named after the word "mill", but her name is also a variant of the the name "Camilla",or of the Russian name "Lyudmila".
- Milla is a Hush Basset, a mixed breed of a Basset Hound and a Cocker Spaniel. This may confirm that one of her parents was a Basset Hound, and the other parent was a Cocker Spaniel.
- Milla's Puppy Float ability is similar to Yoshi's Flutter Jump from the Super Mario Series. The difference is that her Puppy Float covers more vertical distance.
- Unlike the other characters, Milla's energy bar is used to show the stamina left for her Puppy Float ability and get's filled when she touches the ground.
- In Freedom Planet 2, Milla will be the only playable character with 5 health petals instead of 6.
- In Time Attack while idling, Milla will say the following lines:
- "What should I do"?
- "Is someone staring at me"?
- "Ummmmmmmmm . . . hehe".
- In Freedom Planet 2, Milla continues to idolize with the following lines:
- "I don't sense anything yet".
- In Freedom Planet 2, Milla idolizes when reviving:
- "I have to keep going"!
- "I don't go down that easy"!
- ↑ Calculated using Strife's rough FP2 height formula.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Freedom Planet in-game cutscene - Relic Maze (Mr. Stumpy)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Freedom Planet in-game cutscene - Relic Maze (Meet Milla)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Freedom Planet in-game cutscene - Ending
- ↑ Freedom Planet in-game cutscene - Relic Maze (Cave Collapse)
- ↑ Freedom Planet in-game cutscene - Zao's Airship
|Protagonists||Sash Lilac • Carol Tea • Milla Basset • Neera Li|
|Allies||Gong • Royal Magister • Torque • Zao • Dail • Pangu|
|Antagonists||Arktivus Brevon • Serpentine • Spade • Syntax • Merga • Corazon Tea • Captain Kalaw • Askal • Aaa|
|Miscellaneous||Bird Officer • Soldiers • Sleeping Guard • Mr. Stumpy • Maria Notte • NPC|
|Deceased||King of Shuigang • Rogue Warrior • Dragon Scientist • Cordelia|