|I like being surprised!|
|Milla, when Lilac asked her what kind of movies she likes|
Milla Basset is one of the main protagonists in the Freedom Planet series. She is an innocent Hush Basset who meets Lilac and Carol near the Ancient Temple and joins them to protect the world of Avalice from threats such as Lord Brevon or Merga.
Milla has the personality and instincts of the average canine, as shown throughout the game, such as barking, wagging her tail when she's happy, running on all fours, digging and having keen senses of smell and hearing. Also, during the cutscene where Lilac and Carol argue at Jade Creek, Milla says to Lilac: “I won’t leave you...”, showing how dogs never want to stop sticking by their owner’s side and they live to be a loyal companion and friend. Also, she helps save Carol’s life after the wildcat is pinned down by rocks in the Kingdom Stone shrine when it collapsed, showing that dogs have an instinct to protect and rescue others in need.
Milla is somewhat shy when she socializes with new people, as shown when she hides behind a bush after Relic Maze while Lilac and Carol are talking to each other. But when she meets new friends, she immediately makes a special bond with them and will do anything to help them. Milla is also a peacemaker and hates violence and anger, as shown in the cutscene after Jade Creek when she cried while seeing Lilac and Carol argue with each other, and also shown in the cutscene in Trap Hideout, where she stops the fight between Carol & Spade. When Milla never sees someone part of her life in a long time, she immediately begins to feel stressed and will always try to see them again, no matter what, as shown in the cutscene on Zao's airship, where she makes a wish to see her parents again.Milla is kind-hearted and always tries to be nice and cheerful. The young hound is also very generous, as shown at the end of the game when she wakes up from her coma and apologises to her friends for being a monster and attacking them, breaking down and crying. It would seem that Milla was fully aware of her surroundings during her time as a mutant, seeing and hearing everything around her. However, she did not have any control over her body, which is why she felt guilty for what happened. Milla also seems to have a good imagination, as she talked to a tree stump she called Mr. Stumpy when she was living alone in the woods. Milla, as the game shows, is a good friend to others and always thinks of ideas to help them.
Lilac: Milla first saw Lilac chasing a Shang Mu Truck, and follows her with the intention of meeting a Dragon. Upon meeting her, Milla asked if she could touch her Ponytails. Lilac was a bit weirded out by her mannerisms, but she quickly accepted the young Hound as a friend, eventually becoming a Big-Sister figure to her. After her mutation, Milla apologized to Lilac, who immediately tried to comfort her.
Carol: Milla saved Carol's life after she was trapped in a collapsing cave. Afterward, the Wildcat pounced at Milla when she was hiding behind a bush, following her and Lilac. Eventually, Carol was more comfortable around Milla, stating she would tell her about her past if she was a good Dog. Later, she apologized to Carol and Lilac for being mutated and attacking them earlier.
Mr. Stumpy: Mr. Stumpy may have been the closest thing Milla had to a best friend before meeting Lilac and Carol. Despite being alone in the woods, Milla always had Stumpy to keep her company. She always found it funny when Stumpy never says anything.
Milla's Parents: Milla's Parents were only mentioned a few times during the events of Freedom Planet, as they didn't make a physical appearance. Although she never knew her parents because she was living alone in the woods for a really long time, Milla was willing to find them, as shown when she was making a "Super Feather Potion" with Mr. Stumpy. On Zao's Airship, she saw a shooting star made a wish to really see her Parents again. Carol stated it was a good wish, while Lilac showed concern, knowing that Milla clearly misses her Parents.
Milla's main attack is a psychic shield that she can aim in six directions (It can't be aimed straight up or down). The shield reflects most enemy projectiles, and when released, fires a short-range energy burst for minor damage. She can also summon and throw Phantom Blocks that explode on contact. Likewise, she can pick up and throw certain items like crates, Crystal Clusters, Health Flowers, Treasure Chests and even Bombs.
If Milla summons a block and then attempts to use her shield, the block will transform into a Super Shield. Releasing the shield launches a powerful wave of energy in front of her that pushes her backward and deals heavy damage to foes. If used correctly, the recoil from this attack can give her a slight boost in speed and/or height.
Mobility-wise, Milla can briefly float upwards, allowing her to reach high ledges or cross wide gaps. She can also recover her Life by digging into dirt or grass. In certain spots, digging reveals hidden items or secret tunnels.
Milla's weaknesses are her small Life bar, slow attacks, and difficulty picking up speed. All of her attacks except her basic shield stab require time to charge up, and getting hit during this process can disrupt them. She only has four Health Petals (as opposed to the seven that the other characters have), making her susceptible to Stunlocking. She has an overall steeper learning curve compared to the other characters and will require patience to master properly.
Powers and Abilities Edit
- Enhanced Strength: Despite her young age, Milla is strong enough to carry certain items such as crates, Treasure Chests, etc.
- Enhanced Endurance
- Enhanced Durability: Surprisingly, Milla is able to take a hit from certain attacks, including shots from Brevon's Mech Armour, though she isn't as durable as her friends.
- Enhanced Smell: Milla has a strong sense of smell, enabling her to smell things from a distance. This is shown when she found General Gong, by picking up his scent.
- Martial Arts: After the events of Freedom Planet, Milla was trained to fight hand-to-hand using the crane stance. She is now able to punch and kick enemies alongside her regular attacks.
- Levitation: Milla is able to float in the air for a brief period, allowing her to reach certain places some people can't normally reach.
- Survival Intuition: Since she's lived alone in the woods for most of her life, Milla has likely developed survival skills, being able to take care of herself before she met Lilac & Carol, who took her in from the wilderness.
- Alchemy: Milla has the power of Alchemy, the medieval forerunner of chemistry, which serves as the basis of her combat abilities.
- Enhanced Crafting: Using the power of Alchemy, Milla can craft Phantom Blocks for her to use in combat, whether it's Mini-Blocks or a Phantom Block Burst.
- Potion Creation: Milla has developed a strong interest in Chemistry, which she uses to brew up special potion she can use to aid her friends on their adventures.
- Psychic Constructs: Milla can generate her Reflection Shield for defense by deflecting enemy fire. She can also convert the Shield into an energy burst for close range combat and for firing Mini-Blocks for long range attacks.
- Chi Sense: Milla has the ability to sense Chi, the life energy generated by all living things.
- Power Detection: Milla is able to use her Chi Sense to detect the power of something or someone that is close by, knowing how strong that person or thing is.
|Dig||Down (hold) + Attack (repeat)||Uncover hidden treasure, only works on dirt and soil|
|Puppy Float||Jump (while airborne, hold)||Float in the air for a brief period; uses energy (FP2)|
|Carry Item||-----||While holding a Phantom Block, walk into a crate, crystal flower, shield, etc.|
|Throw/Drop Item||Attack (while carrying something)||Hold direction to aim; can throw bombs|
|Phantom Block||Attack (hold/FP1)
|Summon a damaging green cube that can also deflect projectiles from overhead (FP1)/ Summon a green cube which floats around Milla (FP2)|
|Reflection Shield||Special (hold)||Aim in 6 directions; can reflect certain projectiles
Can aim in 7 directions in FP2
|Shield Burst||Special (release)||Short range attack|
|Super Shield Burst||Special (when carrying a Phantom Block, hold, then release)||Aim in 6 directions; can reflect certain projectiles; pushes Milla backwards|
|Phantom Block Burst||Attack (when phantom block is present)||Can be aim in 6 directions; pushes Milla backwards|
|Crane Combo||Attack (on ground)||Hand-to-hand combat|
|Mini-block||Special (when phantom block is present)||Fires mini block after Shield Burst; can be fire in 6 directions; fires up to 10 mini blocks|
|Spiral Attack||Attack (mid-air)||Short-range aerial attack|
|Guard||Guard||Briefly immune against enemy attacks|
New Moves Edit
In Freedom Planet 2, Milla, will have some new moves and abilities at her disposal. She has been given the most improvements out of the other playable characters in the game. Milla is the Explorer-Type Character.
- Crane Combo: Milla has been trained in Hand-to-Hand combat by the Magister's people. She can now use the Crane stance to punch and kick enemies.
- Mini-Block: Milla can now fire Mini-Blocks, which are formed from normal-sized Phantom Blocks. She can use her Shield Burst as a means of firing Mini-Blocks, shooting up to 10 at a time, increasing her shot range.
- Spiral Attack: Milla can now use her Alchemy Powers to generate a Buzzsaw, which she can use as a short-range aerial attack.
- Guarding: Just like other playable characters, Milla can now guard against certain enemy attack. This is required to summon a Phantom Block.
Updated Moves Edit
Along with her new moves in Freedom Planet 2, Milla has also improved some of her current moves, enabling her to use them in ways she normally couldn't.
- Shield Burst: Milla's Shield Burst is now a rapid attack, and can now be aimed in all eight directions, including up and down. She can even jump while having a Shield up.
- Phantom Block: Milla no longer carries or throws Phantom Blocks in FP2. Instead, they now float around her like a barrier. If she has a Guardian Orb with her, they will carry the Phantom Blocks until she uses them. Also, Milla can instantly spawn a Phantom Block simply by guarding.
- Super Shield Burst: This move is now called "Phantom Block Burst", which can now be used immediately for attacking enemies or to boost mobility. Also, this move no longer requires combining a Shield Burst and a Phantom Block and can now be used separately, even while a Phanton Block is active.
- Puppy Float: Milla now has an energy meter, which is required to use her Puppy Float. Unlike the other character's energy meters, Milla's energy meter will instantly refill when she lands on the ground after using her Puppy Float.
- Health Petals: Milla now has five Health Petals, instead of four in FP.
Milla's Mutant Form is the boss of Final Dreadnought (Round 3) & the thirteenth overall boss in the game for Lilac & Carol's story, but not her story & is also the final boss of Torque's story. Just before the player character (Lilac, Carol or Torque) is about to remove the Kingdom Stone from the Dreadnought's power core, Brevon appears with Milla in his grasp, holding a knife to her throat, forcing the player character to remove the hacking device, causing the ship's power to be restored and the Stone being moved to another location. Brevon destroys the device, drops Milla and leaves the room, letting the player character to comfort the frightened, young Hound. Suddenly, Milla's eyes start to glow red, and she transforms into a mutant monster, beginning the Boss Fight with the player character being forced to fight their mutated friend.
- Shield Burst: Milla walks to one side of the room and fires damaging shields from her tail that travels across the room. She will do this twice.
- Phantom Block: Milla walks to one side of the room and fires Phantom Blocks from her tail across the room at random angles. She will do this twice.
- Super Shield Burst: Milla will run around the middle of the room, firing Super Shield Bursts from her tail, that deals damage under and above the player.
- Puppy Float: Whenever she takes damage, Milla will fly up into the air and throw down Phantom Blocks. She will fire three rounds of at least four Phantom Blocks from her tail every time she floats in the air.
When damaged enough, she will drop a Health Petal. When close to being defeated, one of Milla's eyes will break, just like with Serpentine's mutant form.
- Milla is named after the word "mill", but her name is also a variant of the the name "Camilla".
- Milla is a Hush Basset, a mixed breed of a Basset Hound and a Cocker Spaniel. This may confirm that one of her parents was a Basset Hound, and the other parent was a Cocker Spaniel.
- Milla's Puppy Float ability is similar to Yoshi's Flutter Jump from the Super Mario Series. The difference is that her Puppy Float covers more vertical distance.
- Unlike the other characters, Milla's energy bar is used to show the stamina left for her Puppy Float ability and get's filled when she touches the ground.
- In Time Attack while idling, Milla will say three lines:
- "What should I do?"
- "Is someone staring at me?"
- "Ummmmmmmmm . . . hehe."
- In Freedom Planet 2, Milla idolizes when reviving:
- "I have to keep going"!
- "I don't go down that easy"!
|Protagonists||Sash Lilac • Carol Tea • Milla Basset • Spade • Torque • Neera Li|
|Allies||General Gong • Royal Magister • Mayor Zao • Dail • Pangu|
|Antagonists||Lord Brevon • Serpentine • Syntax • Merga • Corazon Tea • Captain Kalaw • Aaa|
|Miscellaneous||Bird Officer • Soldiers • Sleeping Guard • Mr. Stumpy • Sergeant Askal • Maria Notte • NPC|
|Deceased||King of Shuigang • Rogue Warrior • Dragon Scientist • Cordelia|