Power-Ups are new items featured in Freedom Planet 2. The Player can equip Power-Ups for them to use in any stage. Some of them can buff up the Player, while others can inflict negative effects in a Stage, but provide a Crystal Shard Bonus. They can also be found inside of Treasure Chests, which are placed throughout each Stage. There are a total of 30 Power-Ups, divided into 4 categories.
Potions (possibly created by Milla) can give the Player a passive buff for the duration of a Stage, making it easier for them to collect Crystal Shards and Extra Stocks. These Power-Ups are recommended for Beginner Players.
Potion Types Edit
- Alchemical Burst: Increases Crystal Shard Bonus by 10%, but has a random effect.
- Auto Guarding: The Player Automatically Guards against enemy attacks if possible.
- Crystals to Petals: Transforms all Crystal Shards in a Stage into Health Petals.
- Extra Stocks: Increases the Player's Stock count by one when starting a Stage.
- Minus Stocks: Decreases the Player's Stock count by one when starting a Stage.
- Cheaper Stocks: Reduces Crystal Shards needed for an Extra Stock by 50.
- Pricey Stocks: Increases Crystal Shards needed for an Extra Stock by 50.
- Regeneration: The Player's Health Meter slowly recovers as long as there's a Health Petal.
- Strong Revivals: The Player recovers 4 Health Petals when being revived.
- Max Life Up: Increases the Player's Health Petal count by one.
- Max Life Down: Decreases the Player's Health Petal count by one.
Amulets can alter a Stage, putting Time Records into a separate category. These Power-Ups can also provide the Player with Shield Crystals.
Amulet Types Edit
- Motorcycle Start: Carol begins a Stage with her Motorcycle.
- Water Charm: Transforms all Shield Crystals in a Stage into Water Crystals.
- Wood Charm: Transforms all Shield Crystals in a Stage into Wood Crystals.
- Fire Charm: Transforms all Shield Crystals in a Stage into Fire Crystals.
- Earth Charm: Transforms all Shield Crystals in a Stage into Earth Crystals.
- Metal Charm: Transforms all Shield Crystals in a Stage into Metal Crystals.
- Boss Life Drain: Reviving during a Boss Battle will inflict damage to a Boss.
- Cordelia's Blessing: Gives the Player a 20% chance of Revival when defeated with no Stocks.
Brave Stones Edit
Brave Stones inflict negative effects on the Player in a Stage, but gives them a Crystal Shard Bonus at the end of a Stage. These Power-Ups are recommended for Experienced Players.
Brave Stone Types Edit
- No Stocks: The Player begins a Stage with no Stocks. (25% Bonus)
- Expensive Stocks: Increases Crystal Shards needed for an Extra Stock by 100. (20% Bonus)
- Double Damage: The Player takes double damage from enemy attacks. (25% Bonus)
- No Revivals: The Player cannot revive when knocked down. (25% Bonus)
- No Guarding: The Player cannot guard against enemy attacks (20% Bonus)
- No Petals: All Health Petals in a Stage are transformed into Crystal Shards. (25% Bonus)
- Time Limit: A Timer appears. If time runs out, then there's no Crystal Shard Bonus. (50% Bonus)
- Gem Booster: Increases Crystal Shard Bonus at the end of a Stage. (10% Bonus)
Fusion Stones Edit
Fusion Stones are created by fusing 2 or more Power-Ups together. These Power-Ups add a higher difficulty in a Stage (higher than Brave Stones), but gives a bigger Crystal Shard Bonus.
Fusion Stone Types Edit
- One Hit KO: The Player always has an empty Health Meter. (100% Bonus)
- Enemy Armor: All Enemies in a Stage have double the Vitality. (50% Bonus)
- Items to Bombs: Transforms all Item Containers in a Stage into Bombs. (50% Bonus)