|Please remain still during the incineration process. Thank you.|
|Syntax, at the start of the boss fight in Thermal Base|
Syntax is a floating Robotic AI (Artificial Intelligence) who assists Lord Brevon in his schemes, such as brainwashing Prince Dail following the death of his father, the King of Shuigang. Syntax has the ability to change into different forms to help protect Brevon And his assets.
- Her Spider Armour is the mid-boss of Thermal Base and tenth overall mid-boss in the game.
- Her Flame Armour is the boss of Thermal Base. It is the eighth overall boss in Freedom Planet.
- Her Hologram Mode is the boss of the Schmup Stage, an extra stage that takes place before Battle Glacier.
- Her Force Mode is the boss of Final Dreadnought (Round 1). It is the eleventh overall boss in the game.
Spider Armour: In the 1st half of Thermal Base, Syntax will simply walk on either sides of the area (which have spikes) and suck out the lava from the wall on the opposite side of the arena. It will then move to the other side of the area and shoot the lava. Syntax can switch the firing angle of the lava, making the player either jump or crouch to avoid it.
After breaking off it's armour, Syntax will move to a rail and start to grab spikes to fire below it. After being defeated again, Syntax will flee. Then at the sound of an alarm, a torrent of lava will flow into the area and the player has to outrun it.
Flame Armour: In the 2nd half of Thermal Base, Syntax will attempt to fire lava below it, aimed at you. It is either fired in burst or rapidly. The lava will heat up the metal flooring, burning anyone standing on it. After soaking up enough damage, Syntax will roll up to become spiked and move around the edges of the room. After some more hits, Syntax will attack the bottom part of the arena before resuming it's attacks. Milla is able to obtain a Keystone Monitor (Water Shield) before this fight by digging in the soil underneath the Tao Stone.
Hologram Mode: In the Schmup Stage, Syntax will change into a hologram, similar to Pangu, except it's a crab-like creature, instead of a Dragon. It will fire lasers from it's pincers that trace the player's height until it fires, and then start to fire off slower shots at random angles.
Force Mode: In Final Dreadnought (Round 1), Syntax will attack in the following forms:
- Ceiling Mode: Syntax will fly on the ceiling shooting lasers on the ground, this can be avoided and Syntax can be attacked when it pauses briefly.
- Tank Mode: Syntax's 2nd form, she will land on the ground shooting lasers at the ceiling.
- Train Mode: Syntax's 3rd form, she will turn into a train and absorbs the lasers energy shooting 3 energy blasts that move right, down, and then left. The attack can be dodged by moving backwards and jumping forward.
- Pogo-Stick Mode: Once Syntax has taken a bit of damage, she will change to her 4th form, she will jump in all directions, creating shockwaves. Cyclone can avoid this and hit Syntax.
- Circular Saw Mode: Syntax's 5th form, Once taken half damage, Syntax will change to Circular Saw, She goes foward, up, backwards, down, and forward, Cyclone is meant to avoid this attack.
- Plasma Mode: Once taken maximum damage, Syntax will take her final 6th form, she goes through the right side of the screen, shooting plasma energy balls that move up and down while moving to the left. Moving and jumping are meant to avoid this attack, but Syntax is easy vulnerable to attack while it is in this mode. Alternatively Milla can reflect the energy balls with a phantom block. Once hit, Syntax will be defeated and disintegrate by the laser.
- It is unknown whether Syntax has an appearance in Freedom Planet 2, &/or be mentioned, or neither.
- Syntax has sharp spikes on the end of each of her arms, which she possibly used during the brainwashing of Prince Dail.
|Protagonists||Sash Lilac • Carol Tea • Milla Basset • Spade • Torque • Neera Li|
|Allies||General Gong • Royal Magister • Mayor Zao • Dail • Pangu|
|Antagonists||Lord Brevon • Serpentine • Syntax • Merga • Corazon Tea • Captain Kalaw • Aaa|
|Miscellaneous||Bird Officer • Soldiers • Sleeping Guard • Mr. Stumpy • Sergeant Askal • Maria Notte • NPC|
|Deceased||King of Shuigang • Rogue Warrior • Dragon Scientist • Cordelia|