Tao Stones are special collectables in Freedom Planet. These stones are hidden in every stage, except for Final Dreadnought (Round 3 & Round 4). If you find a Tao Stone before completing a stage, you will be able to visit the Bonus Level afterwards (only durning Adventure and Classic Mode).
- Aqua Tunnel
- The stone is located at the beginning path of the last area right where the path ends hidden behind a fake wall.
- Dragon Valley
- The stone is located in the second area of the second half of the stage, push a log then head down a hole with a waterfall, then go underwater and past a few star flounders.
- Relic Maze (This is the only stage with 2 Tao Stones. However, only one of them can be collected.)
- The first stone location is in the 1st half of this stage, within the Eye Golem room in the purple area hidden at the bottom of this room and behind a fake wall.
- The second stone location is in the 2nd half of this stage, past a staircase switch, through a breakable wall, down a ladder and near a fire spitter.
- Fortune Night
- The stone is located in the first part of Zao's shopping paradise in the section with a pipe on the left side.
- Sky Battalion
- The stone is on the Metal ship in the section with spinning electric wheels and the Hopper MKII. Right after getting to the other side, detonating the Bombs will blast a hole to the floor where the stone is.
- Jade Creek
- Trap Hideout
- Thermal Base
- The stone is right at the end of the level in the room leading to the boss, Syntax (Flame Armour).
- Pangu Lagoon
- Battle Glacier
- Final Dreadnought
- Round 1
- The stone is right before the Enemy Ambush section. Be careful not to fall and miss the token next to the pit (if your playing as Carol, you can climb back up to it).
- Round 2
- The stone is in the second area near the top of the second elevator and to the left near a Water Shield and a Hopper MKII.
- Round 1
Freedom Planet 2Edit
Tao Stones makes cameo appearance in a new element called "Bonus Rings", which are rainbow colored rings (similar to the ones seen in Pangu Lagoon). Passing through these rings will start a timer where the player can get more Crystal Shards by leaving as many Tao marks on the trail as possible. When the Bonus timer runs out, all of the Tao marks on the trail will turn into Crystal Shards. The longer the Tao trail is, the more Crystal Shards the player will get.