|I take it you know this guy?|
|Torque, mistaking Carol for male|
Torque is one of the protagonists in the Freedom Planet series. He is a commander and the last-known living member of the Chasers, a battle-force formed by an allegiance of planets that are united against galactic threats such as Lord Brevon.
Lilac: At first Torque was reluctant to open up to her, it was not until he was revealed as an alien that he explained the full situation. He did not like the idea of getting civilians involved but once he saw them in action he quickly changed his mind. When Lilac was being tortured by Brevon his resolve quickly faded showing that he cares greatly about her well-being.
Fans have taken this a step further by interpreting their relationship as a romantic one, though this could be pure fan speculation. It is worth mentioning that Patrick Seymour, the voice actor for Torque, also supports the idea of a romantic relationship between the two.
Chaser Crew: Prior to the events of the game Torque had a crew of Chasers under his command. It is implied that he was very close to his crew and was saddened by their demise. During the course of the adventure he starts to think of Lilac, Carol and Milla as his new crew. He was so hurt by the loss of his old crew that he could not bear the thought of losing them too.
Powers and Abilities Edit
- Leadership: Being a commander in the chaser army it is natural that he is trained in leadership skills. His skills as a leader are debatable although he has never shown any signs of incompetence. Torque has never shown any signs of good leadership (his previous crew was wiped out after all).
- Marksman: Torque is shown to be talented in firearms, both using them and maintaining them.
- Ace Pilot: Torque is shown to be skilled pilot in various flying machines, being able to pick up a biplane. Despite not having any previous experience with the vehicle, he was quickly able to master flying a biplane.
- Technology Expert: Torque is shown to be fluent in various forms of advanced technology.
- Contortionist: While in his shell-duck costume, Torque was able to squeeze into the small space with no signs of difficulty.
Move List Edit
|Shoot||B||Uses whatever weapon is equipped|
|Hoverboots||A (while in mid-air)||Can be used indefinitely; resets momentum|
|Boost||Down (while running)||Increases speed|
|Switch Weapon||C||Cycles between Laser, Buster, Bomb, and Flyer|
Torque uses a blaster which has a standard laser, and Elemental variants of the Buster, Bomb, and Flyer, which can be aimed in six directions. The last three weapon types use ammo, which is replenished by collecting Keystones. A keystone of the same element as the weapon type will replenish up to 4 ammo. Also, when defeating an enemy with the Laser, they will drop a rainbow colored keystone that gives 1 ammo to all weapons. Several of his weapon types are able to break down walls and is similar to attacks used by other characters.
|Laser||A weapon that Torque always uses in every level. Though it has infinite ammo, it's damage output is weak.||Infinite|
|Wood Buster||Three shots that spread out. Medium range.||40|
|Earth Buster||A close range attack with high damage.||20|
|Water Buster||Fires a stream of water that travels further the longer the trigger is held. Close to medium range.||120|
|Fire Buster||Flamethrower attack in a frontal cone similar to Serpentine's flamethrower. Short range.||150|
|Metal Buster||A laser that penetrates walls and enemies.||40|
|Wood Bomb||Aerial shot that fires twelve shots outward after a certain distance.||20|
|Earth Bomb||Projectile fired at an arc which temporarily leaves spikes on the ground similar to Neera's freeze attack.||20|
|Water Bomb||Fires a bubble at an arc which explodes into multiple Water Buster shots upon impact with an enemy or surface.||10|
|Fire Bomb||Rocket that moves in a straight line, creating a 2-second explosion upon impact with an enemy or surface, or after travelling a certain distance.||10|
|Metal Bomb||Missile guided by Torque's movement.||10|
|Wood Flyer||Boomerang that moves at an arc that goes through walls, returning to Torque. This can pick up crystal shards and health petals.||20|
|Earth Flyer||Fires shots that splits into two shockwaves hitting enemies vertically.||20|
|Water Flyer||Shoots multiple bubbles that float forward and upwards.||100|
|Fire Flyer||Shoots a small burst of of fire that moves directly upwards.||20|
|Metal Flyer||Shoots a blade that moves upward, bouncing off walls.||20|
- Standard Laser: Torque's first weapon type. It is a default weapon used in every level and has infinite ammo, but it's damage output is weak.
- Buster: Torque's second weapon type. The Buster is used primarily for dealing damage at short range and/or horizontally.
- Bomb: Torque's third weapon type. The Bomb is primarily used for dealing Area-of-Effect damage.
- Flyer: Torque's fourth weapon type. The Flyer usually fires projectiles upwards, and is useful for enemies and bosses that are above Torque.
- Hoverboots: Torque can hover in any direction for a short period of time. Activating Hover will set Torque's speed to a specific amount unlike Milla's Puppy Float. Torque is able to hover indefinitely.
- Speed Boost: Uses energy to increase Torque's speed instantly.
- Torque is one of the two characters (& the only hero) who do(es) not have an appearance in Freedom Planet 2. The other being Lord Brevon.
- Torque's weapons act similarly to the weapons equipped within the classic Mega Man series:
- Wood Buster is similar to Blade Man's Triple Blade and Magma Man's 
- Earth Buster is similar to Charge Man's Charge Kick (in a buster form)
- Fire Buster is similar to Burner Man's Wave Burner
- Water Buster is similar to Aqua Man's Water Balloon
- Metal Buster is similar to Gemini Man's Gemini Laser (Without ricochet ability)
- Wood Bomb is similar to Dust Man's Dust Crusher
- Earth Bomb is similar to Chill Man's Chill Spike.
- Fire Bomb is similar to Crash/Clash Man's Crash/Clash Bomber (Without grabbing ability)
- Water Bomb is similar to Neptune's Salt Water
- Metal Bomb is similar to Commando Man's Commando Bomb
- Wood Flyer is similar to Quick Man's Quick Boomerang
- Earth Flyer is similar to Solar Man's Solar Blaze
- Fire Flyer is similar to Konro Man's Flame Shower.
- Water Flyer is similar to Burst Man's Danger Wrap
- Metal Flyer is similar to Tomahawk Man's Silver Tomahawk
|Protagonists||Sash Lilac • Carol Tea • Milla Basset • Spade • Torque • Neera Li|
|Allies||General Gong • Royal Magister • Mayor Zao • Dail • Pangu|
|Antagonists||Lord Brevon • Serpentine • Syntax • Merga • Corazon Tea • Captain Kalaw • Aaa|
|Miscellaneous||Bird Officer • Soldiers • Sleeping Guard • Mr. Stumpy • Sergeant Askal • Maria Notte • NPC|
|Deceased||King of Shuigang • Rogue Warrior • Dragon Scientist • Cordelia|